Norris Design 2021 Summer Internship Program
Norris Design is a planning, landscape architecture and branding firm established in 1985. Our Theory 2 Practice internship program is your opportunity to become a part of our dynamic team. Throughout this paid internship program, you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented landscape architects, planners and graphic designers.
You’ll apply classroom theories to the practice of planning and landscape architecture, while working in a fun, creative and professional environment. We are currently seeking applications for our Austin, Dallas, Denver, Fort Collins, Frisco, Flagstaff, Phoenix and Tucson offices.
You’ll work on a full range of projects to include master planning, urban design and branding. You’ll also actively participate in conceptual designs, team workshops, client meetings and construction observations. The Theory 2 Practice internship program is available to all students returning to school for the Fall 2021 semester.
The Theory 2 Practice internship program runs approximately from mid-May to August.
- Learn the inner workings of our office environment and culture
- Gain hands-on experience working with professionals in community planning, mixed-use design, landscape architecture and branding
- Attend meetings and interact with clients and design professionals
- Explore the great cities/regions where we have office locations
HOW TO SUBMIT
If you’re interested, please submit the following:
- Letter of interest
- List your top three office location preferences (Austin, Dallas, Denver, Flagstaff, Fort Collins, Frisco, Phoenix, Tucson)
- Your current resume (including your year in school and the program in which you study)
- Two to four (2 – 4) examples of your best landscape architecture and/or planning work (Show plans, sections, sketches, etc. that best describe the project and your abilities)
- Two (2) references familiar with your professional training — please include names, phone numbers and titles of your chosen references (you do not need them to send anything, just include their information)
- An original sketch of your favorite plant
PLEASE BE SURE YOUR SUBMISSION IS NO LARGER THAN 10MB AND A MAXIMUM OF 10 PAGES. Finalists will be interviewed over the phone the week of March 15. Student(s) selected to participate will be notified no later than March 31.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE