2023 Theory2Practice Internship Program
Norris Design is a planning, landscape architecture and branding firm established in 1985. Our Theory 2 Practice internship program is your opportunity to become a part of our dynamic team. Throughout this paid internship program, you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented landscape architects, planners and graphic designers.
You’ll apply classroom theories to the practice of planning and landscape architecture while working in a fun, creative and professional environment. We are currently seeking applications for our Austin, Dallas, Denver, Fort Collins, Frisco, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Tucson and Tulsa offices at an hourly rate of $18.
You’ll work on a full range of projects including master planning, urban design and branding. You’ll also actively participate in conceptual designs, team workshops, client meetings and construction observations. The Theory 2 Practice internship program is available to all students returning to school for the Fall 2023 semester.
The Theory 2 Practice internship program runs approximately from mid-May to August.
- Learn the inner workings of our office environment and culture
- Gain hands-on experience working with professionals in community planning, mixed-use design, landscape architecture and branding
- Attend meetings and interact with clients and design professionals
- Explore the great cities/regions where we have office locations
HOW TO SUBMIT
If you’re interested, please submit the following by March 10:
- Letter of interest
- List your top three office location preferences and make a note of your main choice (Austin, Dallas, Denver, Flagstaff, Fort Collins, Frisco, Phoenix, Tucson, Tulsa)
- Your current resume (including your year in school and the program in which you study)
- Two to four (2 – 4) examples of your best landscape architecture and/or planning work (show plans, sections, sketches, etc. that best describe the project and your abilities)
- Two (2) references familiar with your professional training — please include names, phone numbers and titles of your chosen references (you do not need them to send anything, just include their information)
- Share with us your personal brand, logo or signet
PLEASE BE SURE YOUR SUBMISSION IS NO LARGER THAN 10MB AND A MAXIMUM OF 10 PAGES. The deadline for applications is March 10. Finalists will be interviewed over the phone between March 17 – April 1.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE